Coin Drive in Coweta County Schools
- Each fall, Coweta Ferst Foundation partners with the Coweta County School System to collect coins that are used to buy age-appropriate books for children under the age of five. Schools have a designated person who coordinates and helps to collect money from children for this three-week period. Prizes of $100 are given to the high school, middle school, and elementary school who collects the most money. Thanks to United Bank for offering the prize money and in helping to count coins.
Congratulations 2019 winners:
- Brooks Elementary School
- Madris Middle School
- Newnan High School
Together Coweta Schools Raised 11,467.06$
- Deliver Containers to Schools: Wednesday, August 26th thru Friday, August 30th
- School Preparation for Coin Drive: Tuesday, September 3rd thru Friday, September 6th
- Coin Drive: Monday, Sept. 9th thru Friday, September 20th
- Turn-In Dates to United Bank, Bullsboro: Monday, September 23rd thru Wednesday, September 25th
- Pick up for those not turned in: Thursday, September 26th-Friday, September 27th.
Friends of Ferst – Direct Mail Campaign
- Each year, individual donors have an opportunity to support one child or multiple children by making a tax deductible donation to Coweta Ferst Foundation, Inc. Children will then receive an age-appropriate book in the mail each month until their fifth birthday. It is a great way to support literacy in the community and help ensure that a child comes to kindergarten ready to learn.