- Provide age-appropriate books for every child under the age of five in Coweta County.
Did You Know?
- Sixty-one percent of low-income families do not have a single piece of age-appropriate reading material in their home?
- One-third of Georgia’s children start school unprepared to learn?
- Seventy-five percent of Georgia’s students who are poor readers in the third grade will remain poor readers in high school?
How Do Books Help?
- The more words a child hears, the larger the child’s vocabulary and the larger the child’s vocabulary, the more likely the child will be a proficient reader. However, in order to read with a child, books must be in the home.